More and more individuals who enjoy working with animals, are passionate about becoming self-employed entrepreneurs who do what they love. With that, the ever increasing amount of new businesses is growing within the same industry, product, and service. The pet market is extremely attractive for many different reasons.
First of all, the pet industry continues to grow and become a profitable market. Second, many entrepreneurs already have some of the necessary knowledge and skills to start their own business venture, such animal care, dog grooming, canine training, and etc. It doesn't require a large initial investment to start a pet business, and it seems that there are always plenty of clientele to become successful.
Unfortunately, the pet market is becoming more saturated and extremely competitive within every business category, such as veterinary services, professional dog training, boarding kennels, and etc. A potential client has many options to choose from and has very little customer loyalty. This means, your business must be easily found when searched, appear trustworthy to a pet owner to make their choice, and provide an ongoing positive customer experience for them to come back again.
- Statistically, over 80% of pet owners use the Internet to find local business by conducting local searches
- 4 in 5 consumers use search engines to find local information
- 50% of consumers who conducted a local search on their smartphone
- 1 in 3 searches occurs right before visiting a store and 50% of pet owners will visit your business within a day of their local search
- Pet owners choose services located close to their location and 70% of them will chose a place within 5 miles.
- Customers now expect small businesses to offer the ability to book services online.